|The company origin dates back to 1959 when Henry and Irmgard Alders began growing gladiolus and peddling them out of their garage. Within a decade, the business outgrew their makeshift space and a major transition had begun. The expansion lead to the construction of a new building and our current location on Egbertson Road in Campbell Hall, NY.
The new facility allowed for rapid growth by adding a robust refrigeration system, new employees and additional delivery vehicles. Alders began to diversify with the creation of comprehensive craft supplies and Christmas departments. The floral department expanded to include California flowers as an addition to the delphinium, gypsophilia and tulips already grown by Henry and Irmgard.
In the 1970’s Alders increased their product, quality and selection by providing customers with flowers purchased on the international market. Selections from countries such as Colombia, Holland, New Zealand and Australia allowed Alders to provide seasonal flowers on a year-round basis.
Major construction began in 1987 and again in 1996 adding increased refrigeration, office space, a new flower department, an extensive loading bay and a new greenhouse. These additions streamlined our order/delivery system enabling us to distribute the freshest product available.